CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kurt Huenemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:13:41 -0400
Good day all,

I would like to determine how many of our NAC users have a particular Anti-Spyware package installed.  We have an 'optional' requirement checking if WebRoot SpySweeper is installed, so it gets reported on the CAM "Reports" tab, and we offer it as a download if the user does not have it.

I'm ready to renew the license for SpySweeper, so I'm wondering who really uses it.

Something like this should work:

  controlsmartdb=# select dm_user,dm_mac,dm_os,report_text
  controlsmartdb-#   from dm_report
  controlsmartdb-#  where report_text like '%Sweeper%';

but of course report_text is a huge field that is difficult to work with, and I'm not sure how to select if the test was successful or not.

Can anyone suggest a 'tidy' way to see what A-S package the user actually has?

Thanks in advance!

Kurt

--
Kurt E. Huenemann '83
Assoc. Vice President for Information Resources

Internet: [log in to unmask]
Fax:      419-448-2176
Voice:    419-448-2351

Engaging Students.  Creating futures.