CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2010

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mark Duling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:06:35 -0800
Mike,

The problem is a general problem and not unique to FreeRadius.  We had the
same problem for Windows (and not with Mac) with another radius vendor
(radiator) but we were able to work around it easily because we use an
installation wizard called XpressConnect from Cloudpath that automates
making wireless settings.  What you need to do is check the "validate server
certificate" box in the win wireless setup and then in the "Connect to these
servers" check box immediately below enter in the radius hostname.

I had done some research at the time and satisfied myself that there wasn't
anything else I could do, but I can't remember all the details now and I
don't recall hearing about "XP Extensions" for certs at the time FWIW.

Mark