CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Isabelle Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:29:22 -0400
We are working on a layer 3, out of band deployment for portions of our network. We had
set up a fully functional model in our test network using one of our production CAS pairs.
We recently moved the CAS pair from the test CAM back to the production CAM and added the
port and switch profiles, as well as the production switch (which was also used in
testing). Since this migration none of the devices on CCA controlled ports are showing up
in the Discovered Clients table, the Certified Devices table nor the Online Users table.
As a result, the users could not be decertified and were allowed constant access. We
double checked the configuration and tried removing the switch, manually stetting the
VLANs for those ports to the in band VLAN, then re-adding the switch and converting the
users to out of band again through the web interface on the production CAM, but the
problem persists. When in the authentication VLAN, the client and the web based login page
give an error to the effect that the MAC address of the device cannot be found. Has anyone
run across this?

--
Isabelle Graham
Information Security