CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joseph Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:53:32 -0400
Rajesh:

How will this fit with Cisco's recent acquisition of Meetinghouse? MH
didn't have a Mac client, so it was pretty useless for higher ed. Does a
Mac version of CCA mean that there will be a Mac version for Cisco
Secure Services Client?

Thanks
Joe
UMW

>>> "Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]> 10/10/2006 10:37 PM

Greg,

View this first release of a Mac OS agent as a starting point.  Yes,
with the first release, it does only authentication and yes, it mainly
helps from an end-user experience standpoint (i.e. it will pop-up when
the CAS is discovered and users will be able to login without opening
browser).

However, our intent is to add posture assessment and remediation as
well
in phases.  So, this is just a starting point.

HTH,
Rajesh.