CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Xu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 13:44:14 -0400
We have been using Cisco NAC for a number of years. We particularly like to see its improvement on OS detection. Right now NAC can only detect OS by inspecting http traffic. So non-Agent users have to open browser each time to get network access. This is a headache for WPA/WPA2 wireless users because they don't have to authenticate using web. From what I read, ISE support multiple inline posture assessment methods(like DHCP fingerprinting). That would address our concerns. Has anyone tried the OS detection using DHCP? Does it work well?

---
Dennis Xu
Network Analyst, Computing and Communication Services
University of Guelph
5198244120 x 56217