CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Aaron Havens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 11:25:15 -0500
Arthur Janc wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>We're investigating Perifo/Cisco Clean Access solution for our campus.  We
>like the Clean Access Agent but we're interested in other universities'
>experience with using it.  Specifially, what are the minimum requirements
>(rules and checks) do you set for student machine to allow them network
>access? (Do you use the "Cisco Recommended" settings or you customize your
>own?)  Are there any performance issues associated with having more vs. less
>checks on students' computers?  What are the benefits and/or shortcomings
>you identified in your unique experience with the system?
>
>Any other comments on the system (no matter how general) will be very welcome.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Arthur Janc
>Montclair State University

We will require the following:
All critical Windows Update patches
Recognized anti-virus software with current virus definitions

It really isn't much but in our test it has proven that many students
don't even have the most basic update installed from microsoft or have a
current AV definition.

--
Aaron Havens
Network Technician