CLEANACCESS Archives

June 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Speight, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:49:18 -0400
Having just done a restore using a "snapshot" that was thirteen days
old, yes I believe it does place everything back just as it was at the
time the snapshot was taken? Speaking of which, we have way to many
people with helpdesk function add/create users which includes the
filters list. The reason for our restore was one of the helpdesk level
users accidentally selected Delete List and viola, all thirty-six
devices were removed. It would be great to have a fail safe prompt, like
"are you sure you wish to do this, continue" or something like that.
They would probably still delete the list, but at least would be given
the opportunity to think about it and I would consider it less of an
accident if they continued. Maybe even moving that Delete List button
away from the other buttons would be a good idea too? Color coding those
buttons would be pretty slick, say Green for View and Reset View and Red
for Delete List. Doesn't add any real value, just a neat factor...

The restore worked beautifully, but everything that had been done since
the snapshot was taken had to be redone. If you haven't taken a snapshot
lately and you've made changes, you might want to seriously consider it!
Thankfully, myself and three others can change the config and two of
them are probably not even aware they have that ability... I now take a
snapshot anytime I make a change and download to my personal
workstation.  :-)

Path to Button: Device Manager > Filters > Delete List

Just thinking out loud...