CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cal Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:08:14 -0500
Richter, Ryan wrote:
> Does anyone have an identifying registry key for Microsoft Security Essentials for those of us still is 4.1.X land?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Essentials
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MSSE

the service is "MsMpSvc" the Microsoft Antimalware Service, typically
located in \Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe.

For what it's worth, it appears to be at least as effective as McAfee
while consuming fewer resources. I've not used it with the Cisco Agent,
but SafeConnect is identifying it with the same set of identifiers as
the old Microsoft OneCare product, if that's useful to you.

--
Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Origin of
Species.

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws."