CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeremy Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:18:05 -0400
We're using Cisco IPS's inline to our ASA's to block P2P, mostly Cisco
rules but I have converted a couple of the Bleeding Snort rules too.
We have the IPS's deploy host blocks to 6500 chassis in the dorms to
block the user for 30min when P2P is detected. For Faculty and Staff
we just have the IPS block their connection and then let their
respected department head know what they were doing. It works
amazingly well.

--Jeremy