CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jason Meador <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 11:29:05 -0700
Hello -
We're running into a problem trying to get our public workstations to re-image. Packet captures show the workstation making a discover, the CAS DHCP server making an offer, but nothing past there, no Request of ACK packet is ever created. We're believing this to be because the source IP of the offer is from the untrusted IP of the CAS. When we insert another DHCP server onto the subnet, the process works just fine.

We are currently building another CAS pair to test as a DHCP relay agent, but want to know if anyone has BOOTP working through the CAS with the CAS working as the DHCP server.

We are running 4.1.3 on our NAC devices, and I have enabled BOOTP in the DHCP server as a global option.

Jason Meador
Network Engineer
Santa Clara University
408-551-1847 (desk)