CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Truelove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:47:20 -0500
This is not really related to CCA but CCA does have to be figured into
the design of things.

We are currently having problems with setting up our wireless network.
Our equipment is Cisco AP's that are 1230's and 1242 and 5 WISM's.
CCA is Inband VGW 4.1

We are having problems with roaming from one controller to a different
controller.  The problem is that we either get the client to stay in a
probing state or they will switch ip address on the new controller.

My question is how are others setting up the WISM's for roaming between
buildings or areas ? ... and with CCA ?

If anyone has this type of setup and would be willing to share information,
we could continue this off this list.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

John Truelove
Indiana State University