CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Frisk, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:08:10 -0500
We're seeing a bunch of XP Media Center PC Failing the following Cisco Check...

pc_XP_MCE_KB973768_MS09-037, Registry Check [\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP4\KB973768\ exists ]

MS KB articles show this as an update for XP Media Center 2005 and Vista only.  Therefore it's not showing up in Automatic Updates for XP MC 2002 versions, however, CCA seems to make no distinction between Media Center versions.

I've tried running the KB Patch directly from MS downloads on a 2002 machine anyways, but it doesn't make any changes to the system because it's not required for this release of Media Center.

Everything else is up to date on these machines.  Has anyone seen this issue in their environment? And if so, what remediation have you done to verify that the update is still applied to 2005, but not required for MC 2002?

Thanks,

David Frisk

North Park University