CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Heather Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:27:00 -0700
Hi,

I have tried the suggestions that have been posted on the list in the
past trying to get the 1950s to work.  I am not getting the kernel
panic (we delete with the wrong card issue in August).  I can get
everything to install seemingly correct but the NICs are not
functioning.  I have tried everything that I can.  I am not a linux
person.  I have two test environment machines and 20 live environment
machines that I need to build in this week (1 CAM and 19 CAS).  I
have the CAM in the test environment built (took three tries to get
the NIC functional).  I tried the same methodology with the CAS
machine but no luck.  Here is a couple of errors in the install log
of the CAS (I have tried two different machines multiple times with
several CDs):

cat: /etc/shadow: No such file or directory
WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5: No
such file or directory
FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/modules.dep.temp
for writing: No such file or directory.

I have ran ethtool and checked dmesg and everything appears
normal.  When I ran lspci -v, I got the following:

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown Device 164c (12)
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown Device 164c (12)

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Heather Bell

Heather Bell