CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nick Recchia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:30:33 -0700
We recently upgraded from 4.9 to 4.9.1 and things are well. We did
have issues upgrading from 4.8.x to 4.9 last year; however, Cisco
discovered a bug regarding orphan data that is now addressed in their
release notes [1]. It is my understanding that because this said issue
was not discovered prior to us - and others at the time - upgrading to
4.9, many Cisco NAC shops who did upgrade, and were running NAC for
years, ran into issues.

Hope this may be of help to you.

Sincerely,
-Nick
--
Nicholas Recchia, Ed.D.
Security Administrator

[1] http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/release_notes/49/491rn.html#wp65900

excerpt:

While upgrading to Cisco NAC Appliance Release 4.9 or later, there is
a possibility of the existing CAM database containing orphan data. The
orphan data may be present in dm_report_av and dm_report_soft database
tables. The presence of orphan data causes failure in upgrading to
Release 4.9(x). You must remove the orphan data before upgrading to
Release 4.9(x). Refer to Known Issue While Upgrading to NAC Appliance
Release 4.9(x).
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/release_notes/49/491rn.html#wp1284960