CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brad Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:35:49 -0400
Another big game is Final Fantasy XI I know it needs 443 and 80 open.... I
was going to do a port based role, but with so many to open, it became kinda
worthless...
Instead I check all the MAC addresses that people claim are Xbox and PS2 and
place them into an allow all role.
The addresses begin as follows:

PS2:
00:04:1F:xx:xx:xx
00:01:4A:xx:xx:xx
08:00:46:xx:xx:xx
(ps2 can also use USB adapters, in this case, we told students that they
need to register that adapter by plugging it into their computer)

00:0D:*A:xx:xx:xx

This is just a guide- I don't recommend Only using this list- if something
strange comes in, google it to see the manufacturer.

Best of Luck!

Bradley W. Kramer
Network/Telecom Intern.
Ashland University