CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Maas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:04:43 -0400
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the lengthy post. You are correct, most issues are
resolvable. And we are looking at doing these, but they are wanting to
deploy faster then I would like until I have solutions for each of these
issues. We spent the money and had a Cisco Platinum partner do the
initial design and implementation, based on our network topology. So we
believe that our vlans and such are correct. But I will look at the
router tables on the CSA/CAM's to verify they are correct, thanks for
the tip. We have are login script(kix) waiting until it can reach a
server, prior to mapping the users drives. This seems to work
satisfactory. We too are looking for something to sense when a wired
connection and turn off the wireless. We have CSA installed in our
environment and believe an upgrade actually has this functionality that
we can leverage. However to upgrade is a longer process and does not
coincide with our implementation of our NAC. However maybe this should
be considered. So it sounds like we are on the same page. Mostly this is
a users perspective issue, and believe it is the hardest thing to
overcome.
On a side note how did you deploy the agent to the users. Did you hide
the desktop and tray icons? We have not that ourselves.
Your input is much appreciated and provides me with some ammunition to
pass up the chain.

-David