CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jason Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:04:48 -0500
One more that freaks out my tech (who is a dyed-in-the-wool Linux guy)
is that the Linux kernel running on the CAMs and CAS is pretty old and
needs to be updated.

Thanks,

---
Jason Richardson
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/14/05 9:26 AM >>>

Point 1... Just so you know (although I'm sure you do if anyone
does)..
There is an SNMPD package already in the Linux distro on the CAS.  I
have is
cranked up to provide basic machine info using the generic UCD/Net
calls. I
realize that it still needs to be "plugged in"