CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:46:50 -0500
Cal,

I've got an Workaround I've developed.

In order to make AireSpace dump the packets to a certain VLAN, you have
to assign it an IP address.

In CAM, under
Device Management > Clean Access Servers > Network > DHCP > Reserved
IP's

Create a new reserved IP, in the VLAN you are expecting the AireSpace
controller traffic from, with the IP you have assigned to the AireSpace
controller.

Goto the AireSpace controller (I don't have ACS/WCS) and put in the
SERVICE ADDRESS of the INTERNAL (untrusted) INTERFACE as the DHCP server
to Relay to.  (The one that your clients see as your DHCP server)

If you watch the DHCP logs in CAS, you'll see the relay come in, once
you do this, it will start responding to it.

Caution.  I have experienced a problem when roaming between AireSpace
controllers with this setup.

I did manage to get an AireSpace engineer and a CCA engineer into the
same room, and they did get the roaming to work. I don't have the exact
fix yet, but I should have the detail's on Monday.  I believe it means
enabling L3, but like I said, I do not have the exact specifics.

I too wonder if they're is a AireSpace Mailing list... We've just made a
larger purchase of the product.

Mike