CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Greg Schaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:32:27 -0600
Ken,

I don't think you'll see them in any of the CCA gui logs because they're not
going through the authentication process.  Obviously you won't see them in
the CCA Agent reports either.

We have a specific gaming role which essentially allows most traffic to/from
the Internet and denies access to local resources.  For the most part
wildcarding the MAC addressess works fine but in a few instances (see my

There are two steps.  First create the policy and name it something unique
(like Games).  Put in whatever rules you want here.  Then go to dev
management-> filters and build your filters based on MAC addresses, and
assign to a role.  If you build the filter this way it will apply to all CCA
servers; if you try to do it at each server manually it can get trickier.
We only have two CCA servers and both serve our RESnet so this process makes
it simpler.

Hope this helps,
Greg