CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Xu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:26:06 -0500
We have seen many times that NAC agent refuse to pop-up on different OSes. Below is the list of things we check for this type of issue:

1. Check the proxy server setting in IE - there should be no proxy server configured.
2. Check if IE works in offline mode. It should NOT work in offline mode, uncheck 'Work Offline' in IE's tools
3. Check if IE is crashing. If IE is crashing, uninstall and reinstall IE.
4. DNS issue (check nslookup). If nslookup fails, check if static DNS server is configured.
5. Check if the AV software is blocking the NAC agent.
6. Check if Window firewall or any 3rd party firewall is blocking the NAC agent.
7. Use MalwareBytes to check and remove Trojans.
8. Make a backup and then replace the jscript.dll file under C:\Windows\System32\ and/or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (for 64 bits computers) folders.

---
Dennis Xu
Network Analyst, Computing and Communication Services
University of Guelph
5198244120 x 56217