CONFERENCESANDEVENTS Archives

March 2015

CONFERENCESANDEVENTS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Eric Yung <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Conferences and Events <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:32:38 -0400
Good afternoon,

Each of you has been added to this Conference and Events list serve.  The
entire list of recipients is Jim Baker, Dennis Brown, Susan Coleman, Jake
Delaney, Mike Dobias, Paula Green, Neila Hanges, Anne Liston, Jessi Loxley,
Amy McIntosh, Ryan More, Erin Riesenberg, Alicia Rizzo, Addy Shedd, Mike
Smith, Tonya Smith, Ginny Thiell, Dennis Wilhoit, and Eric Yung.

As the daily work schedule and the locations that we are servicing expands,
the need for improved communication grows.  This tool is one that should
help for better communication.  I'll explain what this list serve should be
used for and what it shouldn’t be used for below.

What this list serve should be used for

1.  Immediate assistance for an event or deliveries.  If someone sees the
need for additional help on an event in one of our locations for an event
that is in progress, use this list to request immediate assistance.  If the
shortage (call off's, etc) is anticipated within a few hours of the event,
use this list serve to communicate that as well.
2.  Communicating a change or modification to an event that will occur
before a change order could be generated.  One example would be a room set
up change for a breakfast that occurred overnight and couldn’t be captured
and communicated by a change order prior to the set up staff completing the
set up.  This tool DOESN’T replace the change order system and should be
used only in the type of emergency situation noted.
3.  Post event follow up critiques.  Going forward, all of the post event
critiques should be scanned / attached in a reply to this list serve.  As we
set the weekly event review meeting, everyone should be aware of any issues
on events, conferences and deliveries and should have a plan on how to
address those.  The planners can also take that information and build it
back in to the events moving forward so we learn from our shortcomings.
4.  Revisions to the final invoice.  Items such as added AV, final bar
tallies, added food or guests or any other item that would affect the final
invoice should either be scanned (bar invoice) or communicated through this
list serve.
5.  Communicating client set up changes from one shift to the next.  On
Friday evening, Erin and I talked the client into a change in set up that
would have affected the AM crew, this list would have been the way to
communicate this.
6.  As a heads up for anything that occurred that people should be aware
of - a Miami vehicle accident, an injury or illness with a guest in our
building or a significant problem with one of our events or deliveries.
This information previously was not shared as widely as it should have been,
this is the forum so that that information can be communicated to others in
the University that need to have this information.
7.  I'll also use this list to communicate departmental changes so that
everyone is on the same page.

What this list serve shouldn’t be used for

1.  As a replacement for the change order system.  This should be used only
when the change order system isn’t an option and immediate communication is
needed.
2.   Normal planning conversation about an event that hasn’t yet occurred.
Use the change order system or email for that purpose.
3.  Finger pointing -Critiques from the client is what should be
communicated.  Our own observations about procedural issues should be
handled behind the scenes.

Thanks,

Eric