CSCAISGC Archives

April 1996

CSCAISGC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Mongeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CSCA Interpersonal & Small Group Communication <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:39:33 EST
CSCA - INTERPERSONAL AND SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION

HELP WANTED

The Interpersonal and Small Group Communication soon-to-be Interest
Group will hold its first ever business meeting at the St. Paul
conference next week (7:30-9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 20).  Under
more normal circumstances, an Interest Group would have a previously
elected chair, vice chair, secretary, and (perhaps) readers.  Of
course, Interpersonal and Small Group will have none of those things.

As a consequence, the Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
soon-to-be Interest Group needs several volunteers to put their names
up for nomination.

POSITION 1:  INTEREST GROUP  CHAIR AND 1997 ST. LOUIS PROGRAM PLANNER.
At the request of the Executive Committee, I acted as the program
planner for the St. Paul conference.  Unfortunately, I do not feel as
though I can do this again for next year.  I am already going to be
program planner for SCA '97 in Chicago and hosting the INPR
(International Network on Personal Relationships) conference in
Oxford, Ohio in the summer of '97.  So we need an  Interest Group
Chair for the St. Paul to St. Louis time frame.  There is a meeting
for the St. Louis program planers on Sunday morning in St. Paul that
the  Interest Group  chair or designee should attend.

POSITION 2:   INTEREST GROUP  VICE CHAIR AND 1998 CHICAGO PROGRAM
PLANNER.  It makes sense to me to have a person in place who would
become Interest Group chair at the St. Louis conference and who would
be Interest Group program planner for the 1998 conference.

POSITION 3:   INTEREST GROUP  SECRETARY.  Someone should take the
minutes of our initial meeting in St. Paul.

POSITION 4:  PAPER READERS FOR THE ST. LOUIS CONFERENCE.  Three
individuals should read all paper and panel submissions for the
Interest Group.  This might include the Vice Chair and 1998 program
planner.

POSITION 5:  VOLUNTEERS FOR DEVELOPING AND  INTEREST GROUP
CONSTITUTION.  I think that once we pass our initial meeting that the
 Interest Group  should formalize our procedures to an extent.
Volunteers to work on this task (over time, not necessarily just in
St. Paul) would be appreciated.

Elections will probably be held for Positions 1, 2, and 3 at the St. Paul
business meeting.

Let me know if you can and want to serve in any of these capacities.
Thanks very much for your time and bandwidth.

P.S.  I used the term  Interest Group  to refer to the group at the
St. Paul conference because, technically speaking, the Interpersonal
and Small Group Communication Interest Group will not exist until the
Executive Committee s vote at the St. Paul conference.