CSCAISGC Archives

May 1995

CSCAISGC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Mongeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CSCA Interpersonal & Small Group Communication <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 16:16:02 EST
Hello!  I would guess that there is a pretty good chance that you are confused
right now, but let me try to help.  You have probably just received a message
indicating that you have been added to a list called "CSCAISGC" and you
have NO CLUE what that is supposed to mean.  Let me (try to)
explain.

At the Indianapolis conference, the Central States Communication Association
(i.e., CSCA) Executive Committee, acting on my request, established
(temporarily at least) an Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
(i.e., ISGC) Interest Group.  Because I asked that the group be established
(with the help of about 50 people who signed the petition I took along to
Indy), they have established me the Interest Group Chair and program planner
for the St. Paul conference.

OK, now why the listserver?  I was chair of the WSCA Interpersonal Interest
Group last year and used "mass e-mailings" pretty extensively, sending
messages to 60 people or so at one time.  I have since learned that this
puts undue strain on our system and that a listserver is the way to go for
this sort of communication.  So I had the computer folks here at Miami
set up this list so that I can efficiently remind you of upcoming deadlines
and spread news about the conference and other issues of interest to
Interest Group members.

You should be able to respond to this message and have your message go to
all those individuals I put into the listserv.

IF YOU WANT TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ME PERSONALLY (I.E., NOT TO THE ENTIRE GROUP)
E-MAIL ME AT [log in to unmask]

IF YOU WANT TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE GROUP, EITHER RESPOND TO THIS
MESSAGE OR SEND A MESSAGE TO: [log in to unmask]

Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you.  I don't expect for this
to be a very "high traffic" group and hope the signal to noise ratio remaains
high.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Paul Mongeau

*  Paul Mongeau  -  Communication  -  Miami University *
*              BITNET: PMONGEAU@MIAMIU                 *
*      INTERNET: [log in to unmask]            *