ECOLUNCH Archives

May 2007

ECOLUNCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Gorchov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gorchov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 10:01:03 -0400
(apologies for cross-posting)
Volunteers needed to help remove invasive garlic mustard.  Silvoor Biol.
Preserve is the woods adjacent to Peffer Park.  See below message.  Thanks
DG

Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:18:25 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Silvoor Volunteer Opportunity (Garlic Mustard)

Hello Everyone,

In past years John Blocher and many of you have been able to keep the
Garlic Mustard from over taking Silvoor like it has in many places.  We
will be continuing this campaign this Saturday May 19 and May 26 at 10:00
a.m.  David Gorchov has suggested the use of weed wackers because it does
not disturb the soil which promotes an environment for growth.  We will be
pulling and weed wacking in separate areas to monitor the success of
each.  If you have a weed wacker you would like to use please bring it.
I'll provide the gas.

I look forward to seeing you.

Thanks,

Jason Reynolds