ECOLUNCH Archives

October 2006

ECOLUNCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ashley Richmond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:34:07 -0400
The Ecology Research Center is one of the solar tour sites again this
year.  We will have an open house at the ERC from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.
with   guided tours of the Center by Ann Rypstra at 1:00 and 2:00.

I will be running a solar home design workshop that will start at   10:00
and run until noon.  The Students for Sustainable Design are   planning to
sell solar cooked "hot dogs" (meat and vegy) along with   other lunch
items.  The solar cooking will of course depend on the sun.

Scott Johnston, Director
Center for Building Science Research

> Ohio Solar Tour
> Part of the ASES National Solar Tour
>
> Saturday & Sunday, October 7 & 8th, 2006
>
> Take One of the Nineteen Tours Scheduled Across the Buckeye State
>

> Take a clean energy journey across state and experience the
> benefits, incentives and comforts of clean energy living. Please   join
Green Energy Ohio (GEO) on the annual Ohio Solar Tour and let   us show
you our Beautiful, Green Ohio!

> The Ohio Solar Tour is a statewide program that provides public   tours
to homes, businesses, schools, parks, and other public sites   that
feature clean energy technologies (ie. wind turbine, solar   electric,
solar hot water, passive solar design, green building   products, and
other energy-saving technologies). Eighteen separate   tours, which are
free and open to the public, are scheduled on   either Saturday or
Sunday, October 7-8, 2006. Many tours feature   complimentary
transportation and lunch, but a RSVP is recommended.   A special tour is
arranged into NASA Glenn ResearchCenter in
> Cleveland for Friday, October 6, 2006 and requires a registration fee.
>

> Tours are scheduled in (1) Northeast Ohio - Cleveland, East-of-
Cleveland (Lake/Ashtabula/Geauga counties), Akron, Oberlin, Wayne
county, and Mansfield; (2) Northwest Ohio - Toledo & Bowling Green,
Sandusky, and Indian Lakes; (3) Central Ohio - Columbus metro; (4)
Southeast Ohio – Athens; and (5) Southwest Ohio - Dayton, Oxford,   and
Cincinnati.

> To take a tour, visit the GEO website www.GreenEnergyOhio.org and
download the free regional tour guidebooks,
> or call (866) GREEN-OH (toll free).
>

> Direct Link for Tour Information: http://www.greenenergyohio.org/
page.cfm?pageID=990.

> The Ohio Solar Tour is conducted by Green Energy Ohio and a part of
the National Solar Tour by the American Solar Energy Society (ASES).

> Statewide sponsors include: Ohio Department of Development’s Office   of
Energy Efficiency, The Cleveland Foundation, The
> ColumbusFoundation, Duke Energy and The George Gund Foundation.
Specials thanks to our regional tour premier sponsors: Northeast   Ohio
–Repower Solutions; Central Ohio – Wachovia Securities,
> Southeast Ohio – Russell Chamberlain, Realtor; and Southwest Ohio –
Duke Energy. The regional tours are also supported by many partners
across the state and recognized on the GEO website and in the
> regional tour guidebook. Please thank them for supporting the
> annual Ohio Solar Tour as the premier educational event to showcase
real working clean energy installations at real places in Ohio!

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Christina Panoska
> Program Manager
> Green Energy Ohio
> Northeast Ohio Region:
> Phone: (216) 526-5545
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>
> GEO Main Office:
> 7870 Olentangy River Road, Suite 209
> Columbus, OH 43235
> Phone: (614) 985-6131
> Fax: (614) 888-9716
> www.GreenEnergyOhio.org
>
> SOLAR 2007 Conference - Find out how "Sustainable Energy Puts
> America to Work! www.solar2007.org. Cleveland, July 7-12, 2007.
>
> Not a GEO Member? Join the statewide network to promote renewable
energy across the Buckeye state! Join online at

--
Ashley R. Richmond
Graduate Student