ECOLUNCH Archives

October 2006

ECOLUNCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michelle D Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle D Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:59:50 -0400
Hi Everyone!

Next Tuesday, Dr. Deni Porej, the Director of Conservation Science at
Ohio's TNC (CV attached), will be giving the ecolunch seminar
entitled "The Role of NGOs in Conservation:  An Introduction to the
Nature Conservancy" at noon in Pearson room 106.  After the seminar
there will be a pizza lunch for graduate students and any interested
undergraduate students.  Deni is a really dynamic person, and he's
conducted research all over the world; soon he will embark on a new
job with the World Widelife Fund overseas.  Deni should be a great
person to talk with about strategies for getting conservation related
jobs with non-government organizations, and about the inner workings
of conservation science and conservation organizations.  Please help
spread the word to the undergraduates and other graduate students in
your lab.  I am scheduling appointments with any undergraduate or
graduate students (or their labs) that want to meet with Deni from 9
am to 4pm on Tuesday October 24th.  Please let me know by Friday if
you or your lab would like to meet with Deni.

Best wishes,  Michelle

Michelle D. Boone
Assistant Professor
Miami University
Department of Zoology
212 Pearson Hall
Oxford, OH  45056

email:   [log in to unmask]
phone:  513-529-4901
fax:      513-529-6900

web page:  http://www.users.muohio.edu/boonemd/

Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
--George Bernard Shaw