FACULTYTALK Archives

November 1995

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Reitzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:12:21 -0800
Michael Garrison,

William Busick, J.D., was Dean of CSUF's School of Business
immediately before my arrival in 1981.  By all accounts he was one of
our better deans.  Hope I've spelled his name correctly.
For a total of nearly 20 years, two J.D.s--Paul Lange and Jim Highsmith--
have served as Chair of my department (Finance and Business Law).  Now
Jim is Chair of the state-wide CSU Academic Senate, spending most of
his time at Long Beach.

You can generate quite a list of J.D.s who have served or are serving
as administrators--chairs, deans, even as college president.  Check out
Bentley College (president), Indiana University (associate dean),
George Mason (associate dean), Wharton School (department chairs).

The fact that many J.D.s have served may be as convincing as the
theoretical arguments that they are qualified.

     Yours, JDR