FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rick Kunkel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:07:30 -0600
Hi Everyone,

        I think I was the one who first mentioned St. Louis, but the credit
goes to all the beer drinkers at my table.  Most were from the Midwest region
and, of those from the Midwest, all agreed they would not like to see it in
Chicago, if I recall correctly.

        I've been to St. Louis only once, and liked it.  I appreciate the
listing of activities from the earlier writer, who has greater familiarity than
I.  Speaking only for myself, I would not be likely to go to Chicago twice, so
either the MBAA or ALSB meetings would lose out.  I might consider attending a
regional instead.

        As a Minnesotan, I can assure you that Duluth would surprise people,
and I think you would find it pleasant and affordable.  I recognize it lacks
name recognition and appeal and that may be a drawback.

        It's still St. Louis by a mile over Chicago for me.

        Rick Kunkel