FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2012

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Karl Boedecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:27:06 -0700
Our administration states that "federal regulations" require
submission of our textbook orders for the Spring 2013 by November 1st.

1. Have any of you been so informed along with a request to submit
textbook orders for an upcoming semester?

2. Do any of you know of such a legal or regulatory requirement? I
have looked at 20 USCA 1015b and a "Dear Colleague" letter on the U.S.
Department of Education website dated December 2008 from a Deputy
Assistant Secretary that "summarizes" the Higher Education Opportunity
Act. I have found nothing so far in the Code of Federal Regulations.

By the way, 20 USCA 1015b (i) states: "No regulatory authority. The
Secretary shall not promulgate regulations with respect to this
section."

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Thank you.

Karl Boedecker
Professor of Business Administration
University of San Francisco