FACULTYTALK Archives

January 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel J Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 16:10:18 EST
From:          "Peirce, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       RESEARCH/TEACHING IN EUROPE

I am very interested in finding a position abroad in a business
school or a research institute for a  year in the near future. I was
hoping thatsome of you had done this - or knew of good universities
to go to. My interests are in employee rights/sexual harassment/labor
law and my business school, as with many others, is encouraging us to
"think global" and take our research international.

I am interested in possibilities in the EC countries. An important
criterion would be schooling for my grade school children. Having just
completed some preliminary research on the French school system, I gather
it is not necessarily wise to throw kids into that! I gather that there
are 'bi-lingual" schools - in Vienna for example - that are easier for
American children, but I know nothing about these. The American
International schools are out of the question at @ $13,000 per child.

If anyone has any experience, I would very much appreciate hearing from
you. What kind of salary can one anticipate? I imagine that there are
others out there similarly interested in positions abroad. Thanks very
much for your help. Ellen Peirce, UNC-Chapel Hill. Please reply to me at:
[log in to unmask], or, if you think others are interested, via
ALSBTALK.