FACULTYTALK Archives

April 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
JACK HIRES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 08:56:14 EST
Last Friday I had lunch with Jay Christipher, co-founder and
President of "The Pampered Chef" (a $100 million dollars a year
business). The purpose of lunch was to discuss curriculum issues at
V.U. CBA. However, what is most pertinate to your situation is Jay's
re-action to my statement that many deans consider Business
Law/Legal Environment inappropreate areas of study in a business
curriculum and eliminate those courses when ever they can. Jay's
comment when something like this "That's the stupidest think I've
ever heard. Most of my problems involve legal issues, if I'm not
familair with the law I'm dead." For what it is worth this is one
CEO's opinion.

Jack Hires
Valparaiso Univ. CBA