FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ross Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:23:45 -0500
As Linnea points out cyber law may effectively be covered in a broader
context.  We integrate contract formation and jurisidiction issues, among
others, into our fundamental law course.  Most of the other issues I cover
in marketing law.  I generally do not cover pornography, securities
offerings, and e-mail in the workplace in marketing law, but everything else
is addressed in a marketing context with traditional marketing law
background.  For example, we look at the vanity phone number unfair
competition cases when examining domain names that would be generic under
trademark law.
Ross Petty