FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
DANIEL HERRON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:40:46 -0500
David et al,

We have had this discusion before and somewhat agreed that the subject line should indicate the nature of the missive in order to give people the option of deleting without having to read it first....I get so many emails that I have to filter through without reading each and everyone...that's why when people email me but keep the subject line the same, I may delete without knowing that the email is a different topic...so, please make sure your email subject lines indicates the true nature of the contents.......Laura below did indicate the political substance of her email: "John Kerry v. the Bushies."  That strikes me as a political comment and allws me to delete without prejudice.....I, as the moderator, just hesitate to place restrictions on our content since so many of our good discussions are controversial in nature.  But, I understand david's sensibilities in this area.  It is the cost of open discussion, nonetheless, and I think our concensus on the subject line notation will work to alleviate most of this issue.

Dan

>>> Dave Schein <[log in to unmask]> 11/01/06 2:12 PM >>>
Folks - I would like to suggest we avoid political discussions on this list serve. I do not agree with the emails below, but feel this is an inappropriate forum to discuss political issues.

FYI: My Dad served as an enlisted man in the Navy until he retired after 28.5 years and he was one of the brightest people I know. He was also committed to peace through strength and abhorred war and violence.

DAVID D. SCHEIN, MBA, JD, Ph.D.