FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Fran Zollers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:52:30 -0400
Colleagues,

Let me tell you about two lectures that are happening at the Whitman School of Management next week. It is Ethics and Corporate Responsibility Week at the Whitman School, and we are fortunate to have landed some stellar speakers. I'm telling you because the events will be webcast and you may want to listen in and participate via email. These will only be real time events; we are not archiving the videos on our web site.

Wednesday, April 21 from 3:00-4:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Cynthia Cooper and Glyn Smith from MCI (formerly WorldCom) will talk on "Navigating the Storm: Lessons from WorldCom." Cynthia Cooper was a co-recipient of Time Magazine's Persons of the Year in 2002 for her revelations about wrongdoing at WorldCom.

Friday, April 23 from 10:00-11:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Patrick Kuhse will talk about "Eight Critical Thinking Errors That Landed Me in the Federal Pen." Mr. Kuhse was charged with a number of crimes growing out of his activities as a financial advisor. They included money laundering, attempting to bribe a public official, and conspiracy. He went into hiding in Costa Rica for a time, but eventually turned himself in and did four years in various prisons. He has a fascinating story to tell with an excellent moral. He is the person Nancy Hauserman told us about on this list a year or so ago.

Hope you can tune in at the days and times above.

Fran Zollers