FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kenneth Schneyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:06:31 -0400
Reaction, naturally, is split based on your political point of view.  Among
a lot of environmentalists, this is another item on the "Thank you, Ralph
Nader" list -- the environmentally conscious Green Party, by taking crucial
votes in both Florida and New Hampshire, has itself to blame for the arsenic
in the water, the US position on global warming, the rollback in emission
standards for power plants, emphasis on domestic fossil fuel production
rather than conservation or alternative energy sources, rollback of the new
National Park lands, etc., etc.  I keep waiting for them to say, "No
difference between Bush and Gore" again...

Ken Schneyer