FACULTYTALK Archives

May 1995

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Dr. Dexter Woods" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 14:20:20 EST
I sent the following message way back in February, but it bounced back owing
to a change in our mail server and my email address.  However, in this summer
of "Technology and the ALSB" I have sent it again, with a P.S.:

Reading Jim Morgan's message requesting syllabi in conjunction with reading
the ALSB Newsletter database reminded me of an item that I have often thought
about and that may have been mentioned in this forum before. Have we (can we)
set up a database of syllabi for courses that our membership teaches?  At
least annually I review my business colleagues' syllabi here at Ohio
Northern, but I am the only Business Law, Employment Law, Tax person here.
I would very much like to see what you all are doing!  If we do not
currently have such a database, if there is interest in having one, and if
no one else is interested in setting it up, perhaps I could help.  As LAN
Administrator for our college of business, I am quasi-qualified in
computers, but I would need to get some help from our Ohio Northern computer
experts.  Any thoughts?  P.S.  Since I wrote this, ALSB has developed a WWW
home page.  Perhaps that would be a good place for syllabi.

Dexter R. Woods, Jr.
College of Business Administration
Ohio Northern University
Ada, Ohio 45810