FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:16:58 -0600
Jeanne,
Hope you can find good scenes.  Good luck.  *  Give me your thoughts
on one thing.  At
several conferences, presenters have used one of the scenes I chose
from "Private Ryan."
It's the one in which Captain Miller faces a mutiny after one of his
men is killed.  He's
virtually immobilized; when he speaks, he's essentially
off-stage.  Like a Shakespearean
thing.   He says something like "What's the pot [on me] up to
now."  *  What about
that?  I've talked to other presenters; they only agree it's ambiguous.

ALSBers.  I'm down to the nubbin on these disks now.  If you've made
a request, I'll be
filled, but . . . let's call a halt.  *  Also, from some of you I
need mailing address and phone.
And, wouldn't hurt to re-up your original email.  I may have lost some.