FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ginny Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:32:41 -0400
I think that given recent revelations, Harriet's nomination is in deep
doo-doo. Wonder what's coming down the pike.

Harriet might have been a good justice. I firmly believe that had she gone
on scholarship to Exeter/Andover, Harvard, Harvard LS, moved back to Dallas
and rose to managing partner of a major law firm and become president of
the Texas Bar and counsel to the president of the United States, no one
would have doubted her qualifications.

Or, Harriet might have imploded in the justice committee.

We may never know. Sight unseen, absent any hearings, ignoring all the crap
and speculation, I'd bet on an ole Texas girl.

Not that there is anything wrong with girls.

Ginny