FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kenneth Schneyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:29:02 -0500
So while we're on the subject...

For a few years now I've used a class hypothetical on a contracts damages
question where a nurse-academic (Borgia) is hoping to attend the annual
conference of the American Council of Nursing Educators (A.C.N.E.) in order
to land a teaching position at the Hemlock Nursing School.  The conference
has been wisely scheduled for New Orleans during Mardi Gras and the Bayou
Biltmore has wisely overbooked.  The hypo winds up being about the
foreseeability of damages but the case hinges on my assumption that a person
finding herself shut out of a hotel room in N.O. during M.G. would find it
next-to-impossible to get a room anywhere vaguely near the city.  Is this
assumption accurate?

Ken Schneyer