FACULTYTALK Archives

February 1995

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Norman Hawker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 09:12:50 -0500
>From:       "Steven E. Abraham" <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>I am looking for a certain type of book dealing with the legal environment
>of busniess and thought some of you might have a suggestion.
>
>I currently teach a course called "Legal & Social Environment of Business"
>... one thing I
>want to do to supplement the course is to discuss legal problems
>with the students I'm interested in fact scenarios (anywhere from a few
>paragraphs to several pages) that bring up certain legal issues
>related to law as it impacts on business.

Is your course a graduate level course?  In our undergraduate legal
environment course, I use McCarty & Bagby, The Legal Environment of
Business (2d ed).  It contains a number of good, short discussion problems
at the end of each chapter.  This book is published by Irwin.

Norman Hawker                               [log in to unmask]
Department of Finance and Commercial Law
Haworth College of Business                 Phone:  (616) 387-6118
Western Michigan University                 FAX:    (616) 387-5710
Kalamazoo, MI  49008-3811