FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 14:01:55 -0400
Oh Ginnie, you are so naive. Don't ask the students for the address --
they'll give you one. We had one who went to the effort of placing an
obit in a US paper for his "fiance". Got him  admitted back into the
program till his then girlfriend told on him a couple of years later
(his standard form of cheating by the way was to retype the mid-term
exam after it was returned, rewrite his answers more accurately than the
first time and ask for a remark. Worked for years apparently). The U
actually had some backbone and retracted the last two years of his
university grades after he was readmitted on improper grounds.

Now if only he had spent half as much time on studying. But no one ever
said crims were smart.

Sally