FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Anne Maureen Scarff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:16:27 +1100
Exactly !  I knew it was evolutionary. We are observing the species adapting itself to new technologies and new realities. The last remaining mystery is why they attend lectures at all when all the material is available on line. What do they believe we are  providing which electronics cannot?  Why do they resist so fiercely if any attempt is made to put entire courses on line?  Is the social aspect of classes of real value in learning?
As I wrote  earlier, there must be a thesis in here somewhere.
Anne Maureen

Anne Maureen Scarff
School of Economics and Finance
University of Western Sydney
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

""The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood. "
Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946), Afterthoughts (1931) "Age and Death".