FACULTYTALK Archives

June 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Razook, Nim M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:23:58 -0500
Ginny, John and everyone - Ginny, you've raised the key summer issue:
Which is worse?  a Florida, Texas, Oklahoma etc. summer  or a Michigan,
New York (upstate, of course) winter?  I've dealt with both (upstate NY
winter - gray, cold and SNOW! and many Okla. summers).  No offense Fran
and everyone at Syracuse, but give me these hot, dry summers any time.
Ginny, the fires sound horrible; however, you cannot consider them in
your decision: confounding variable.  John, I'm sorry, the Mexican fires
are also irrelevant - unless, of course, they persist for the next
decade.  nr