FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Virginia G Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:22:22 -0500
600 points is base-10, best I can recall from high school. It is 6 X 100, or 60 X 10.

I usually have 200 points available in a course so I can have more room for finer-tuned evaluation. A 40 point quiz is worth 80 points so I can award finer-tuned partial credit for each question.

Having said that, Michael is right: it would be marginally easier for students to envision 100 points or 1000 points than to have to divide 200 by 2.  Ah well.

Ginny