FACULTYTALK Archives

February 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marsha Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:38:44 -0400
>From:     STRETCH OR DROWN/ EVOLVE OR DIE <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  position announcement

Since I apparently started a controversy by forwarding a "job position
announcement" to the list last week, I feel it only fair to forward you this
explanation from the original poster on the Women's Studies List.  As you
can see, she and some others may have wanted female applicants which was why
it was posted to the Women's Studies list in the first place.  I forwarded
it to our list as a job announcement and a vehicle for discussion...which we
had.  So I hope this explanation clears up the "official announcement" which
DID NOT specify a female.  Thanks.

Marsha

"Dear Colleagues: Let me include a qualification about the following position
>announcement I sent in earlier this week.  It is me, myself alone (well,
members of my program too) who is interested in seeing this position filled by
>someone who does feminist jurisprudence. The search committee is seeking
>qualified candidates and one of the subfields they would like to see
>covered in this position are the Legal Studies Programs contributions to the
>Women's and Gender Studies Program.  Sorry about the poor wording in my
>posting; I'm not used to being in a position to advertise jobs.
>
>Laurie Finke
>

>>VISITING FACULTY POSITION IN LEGAL STUDIES
>>
>>Dear Colleagues:
>>
>>We are very interested in hiring a woman who does feminist jurisprudence to
>>fill this position.  If you know of any qualified candidates (or are
yourself a
>>qualified candidate) please urge them to apply.  Thank you Laurie Finke
>>
>>FULL TIME VISITING FACULTY POSITION - FALL 1996
>>
>>KENYON COLLEGE, a private liberal arts college located in Gambier, Ohio,
>>invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Legal Studies
>>and interim Director of Law and Society position as a sabbatical replacement
>>for the 1996-1997 academic year.
>>
>>Qualifications:                 J.D. or Ph.D in social science or humanities
>>                                with prior experience teaching law and society
>
>>Kenyon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  Applications from Women and
>>Minority Faculty are encouraged.

********
Marsha E. Hass
Director of Women's Studies       (803) 953-6523 (O)
Dept. of Acc't. & Legal Studies   (803) 556-6555 (H)
College of Charleston             Fax (803) 953-5697 (O)
Charleston, SC 29424-0001         Fax (803) 766-1464 (H)

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the
fire." Garth Brooks
********