FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2012

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kurt Schulzke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:51:28 -0400
To be clear, I did not say, "Yeah, go file a lawsuit." Only this: This situation may well be actionable under Title VII.

Admittedly, Title VII would be a tough sell on the basis of a single F-bomb. But further inquiry might yield additional details helpful to a Title VII action or something similar. Race, national origin, or age? Is this employee a whistleblower? Why did this employer blow up in this situation?

Whether a lawsuit is "worth it" is separate from actionability.

Kurt S. Schulzke, JD, CPA, CFE
Associate Professor of Accounting & Business Law
Director - Law, Ethics & Regulation
Corporate Governance Center
Kennesaw State University
+ 1770-423-6379 (O)