FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ginger, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 10:50:51 -0500
This is an easy one for me--I do not let students make up exams ever, for any reason.  This policy is in my syllabus and I discuss it the first day of class.  But even my colleagues who permit make up exams for some reasons do not permit make up exams of the final.  More to your point, no one I know would let a student make up a final which the student missed merely because of "writing it down wrong," oversleeping, or other types of student irresponsibility.  Just say no!
Laura Ginger