FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2011

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:57:38 -0500
In due time, I imagine the S.C. will declare the individual mandate
unconstitutional.
Maybe some Academy members would not agree, but it's likely to happen.  Don't
you think?

Other provisions of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
(ObamaCare or
the Job Killing Health Care Law for TeePee Party activists) won't
necessarily fail.
Then, I suppose HMO's and Insurance companies will have to accept everyone w/o
regard for prior conditions.  If that's the case, premiums will
skyrocket along with
CEO bonuses.

Congress then would do what?

The age for Medicare coverage could be reduced in steps, and taxes to
pay for it
could be raised.  With Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan in control of the
House, that is not
likely to happen however.

Before ObamaCare, there were no Republican health care proposals on
the table.
None that I can recall.  Are there any such proposals now, or are you
expected to
switch to an alternative lifestyle and pray for good health?

If Governor Pointy Boots is nominated and wins the election, federal
regulation will
be rolled back, industry will be unhinged, American workers can go
back to work
and pay for their own health care.

What are you and your students saying in class?