FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Allison {allisonj} <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:16:33 -0600
Yes, I know it can have a negative effect on attendance, Rick.  The
non-attendees can't seem to figure out that a large portion of my test
questions come from class discussion that cannot be discerned from the
slides by themselves.

I do it for the motivated students.  A number of my slides include the
factual details of cases that aren't in the text, and it's critical that
they have a chance to read these facts before they come to class.

John