FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ingulli, Elaine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 09:21:42 -0400
At Stockton, where we are now going for that AACSB accreditation that most of you have, we have the following:

Business majors must take ONE "core" business law course. The recommended  corecourse for all but accounting majors is LEGAL & ETHICAL ENVT of BSNS. (4 credit course, which most college courses are)

We also offer BUS LAW I: basic contracts course (which is the recommended core course for ACCT Majors, but actually counts for any Business major). (also 4 credit)

In addition, ACCT majors can elect either 2-credit BUS LAW II (UCC course) or 2-credit SELECTED TOPICS (orgs, misc topics).

Any student can take 4 credits in addition to the core-course to satisfy one of our business electives. There is a little overlap in the BUS LAW I/LEGAL ENVT (mainly intro to legal system, process, Constitution), but we allow students to take both and use one as an elective.